join the Team
Hype Hair Studio is a stylist boutique studio located in the heart of Kitsilano. We were one of Contessa lop len Finalists for Hairdresser of the Year, and repeatedly voted best in the City. Hype Hair Studio is the sister-salon to Black2Blond Salon and Spa: both representing Kitsilano’s most talented hair professionals that have been providing vancouver with some of its chicest hairstyles for over twenty years!
We are looking for stylists with a minimum of 3yrs experience who work well in a fast paced salon environment. We have a high demand for technical services so you should be confident in executing Balayage, Colour Correction, high-lift and highlights. We strive to create a customized experience for every quest, make every guest teel like a friend with a
lot of light hearted laughter along the way.
Perks & Benefits
Career growth & Education:
- Hype will pay for in-house education from the La Biosthetique Academv Educators and others. The will be classes specifically arranged by Black2Blond
- Academy classes will be at the stylist’s cost subject to pre-arranged cost-share
- Online La Biosthetique education is available at shared cost (as of this date the cost has been waived)
Career growth & Event opportunities
With our La Biosthetique partner we are able to offer backstage work for many fashion events.
No restrictions on vacation days
Partnership with Flagship salon
Partnership with Black2Blond Flagship salon means a one-line salon with no missing products. Products are available to staff at 30% of salon cost (subject to change). Along with the familiar hair systems, the La Biosthetique line includes scalp testing and scalp lotions, skin testing and skin products and leading edge hair treatments.
Higher retention as hair guests also have access to spa services and express services.
$25 per new guest from vour existing clientele will be paid at your 4-month anniversary.
To qualify, guests must return to the salon at least once during those first 4 months for a service. In other words a guest must have 2 service appointments during the 4 months to qualify for the $25 bonus. Client list to be disclosed upon first day of employment.
Available after 6 months employment. Extent of coverage is negotiated at that time. Black2Blond will pay 30% of the premium plus 10% more each year of employment. This is under Pacific Blue Cross.
The perfect fit
Ideally you are:
- Passionate about your craft
- Committed to delivering consistent and exceptional guest care
- Positive, enthusiastic and self driven
- A supportive team player with great communication skills
- Able to take direction, constructive coaching and criticism
- Fluent in spoken English as well as read and write in English
What we offer:
- Competitive pay structure (commission or hourly base wage, whichever is higher) and retail commission
- Opportunity to earn $50’000 + per annum tor full time stylists with strong technical skills.
- An opportunity to increase your clientele base
- Exceptional educational opportunities both in salon and out of house
- A friendly, relaxed and supportive environment and work space.
If you are passionate about hair, like what we do and are looking for a change,